Senior Backend Engineer
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2023
AiFi, a globally leading AI provider, empowers retailers worldwide to scale autonomous shopping solutions with 100% computer vision. Powered by the most cost-effective and flexible method of deploying cashier-less technology solutions, AiFi’s camera-only platform enables businesses to provide a frictionless checkout experience to their customers. AiFi’s technology works through cameras and computer vision to allow quick and efficient shopping for various store formats across multiple global retail segments.
AiFi’s solutions adapt to numerous verticals, including convenience stores, sports and entertainment venues, universities, workplaces, and travel retail. AiFi customers include: LA Clippers, Golden State Warriors, NASCAR, Florida Panthers, Aldi, Carrefour, Compass Group, Zabka, and many more. AiFi now has the highest number of store deployments globally with over 100 active stores. The company has raised a total of $80 million from investors including Qualcomm Ventures, Verizon, HP, Mithril, Duke Angel Network, Cervin Ventures, TransLink Capital, and Plum Alley.
- Lead on optimizing our highly concurrent systems
- Scale the store operating systems from small stores to gigantic venues
- Make design decisions in the process of developing our core backend microservices
- Work closely with app developers and product managers to understand the use cases that we need to cover and their potential bottlenecks
- Work with deployment engineers to ensure that what you build goes as quickly as possible to the clients
- a BS/MS in computer science or related field
- 3+ years of experience as a Software Engineer (Backend)
- 2+ years of experience using TypeScript or Python
- 2+ years of experience working on highly concurrent programs and systems
- Experience in optimizing SQL queries and database scalability
- Proficiency in using Docker
- Experience with event-based concurrency such as NodeJS
- Experience with thread-based concurrency
- Experience with data modeling
- Proficiency in TypeScript or Python
- Proficiency in SQL, SQL database optimization, Postgres scaling
- Experience with gRPC
- Experience in massive scaling of API services
AiFi enables reliable, cost-effective, and entirely frictionless shopping with AI-powered computer vision technology to provide an unrivaled experience for retailers and customers around the globe. AiFi has partnerships with leading retailers worldwide such as Aldi, Sodexo, Carrefour, Zabka, Morrisons, and Compass Group to create customized autonomous shopping experiences with flexible integration and entry options.