Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, November 16, 2023
AiFi, a globally leading AI provider, empowers retailers worldwide to scale autonomous shopping solutions with 100% computer vision. Powered by the most cost-effective and flexible method of deploying cashier-less technology solutions, AiFi’s camera-only platform enables businesses to provide a frictionless checkout experience to their customers. AiFi’s technology works through cameras and computer vision to allow quick and efficient shopping for various store formats across multiple global retail segments.
AiFi’s solutions adapt to numerous verticals, including convenience stores, sports and entertainment venues, universities, workplaces, and travel retail. AiFi customers include: LA Clippers, Golden State Warriors, NASCAR, Florida Panthers, Aldi, Carrefour, Compass Group, Zabka, and many more. AiFi now has the highest number of store deployments globally with over 100 active stores. The company has raised a total of $80 million from investors including Qualcomm Ventures, Verizon, HP, Mithril, Duke Angel Network, Cervin Ventures, TransLink Capital, and Plum Alley.
About the Team
AiFi is rapidly expanding its autonomous store solution footprint and with it, our Activations Team. We’re looking for Deployment Engineers (DE) to help manage the deployment of our software solution as a part of activating client locations in North America and Europe.
This position is open to remotely based, work-from-home candidates who will join a team supporting projects primarily in their region (North America or Europe) and, on occasion, in other regions.
Top candidates will be highly analytical and have hands-on experience with deploying software in an integrated environment and enabling SaaS based technologies preferably in the Retail industry. They will gain full knowledge of the front and back ends of our technology and work closely with the Hardware deployment and provisioning team where their knowledge of networking will be key.
They will represent AiFi as a customer-facing resource for each project but will also work closely with our Project Managers, Sales, Supply Chain, Product Development, and Engineering teams to prepare, document, and coordinate hand offs of each technical task during the deployment process. This includes coordinating the connectivity and proper functionality of hardware at customer locations and performing full software quality testing within the live store environment (remotely through integration partners or in person).
The Deployment Engineer’s core focus is the deployment and configuration of Aifi’s software both locally at client locations and in the cloud as highlighted above.
Specifically, the Deployment Engineer’s responsibilities include:
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Obtaining and maintaining thorough knowledge of the AiFi technology and tools; we are advancing our capabilities at a fast clip so love of technology is a must!
- Through their experience in SaaS environments
- Coordinate cross-functional group activities supporting technical aspects of advanced project planning, hardware installation connectivity and operation, and post-installation quality assurance testing.
- Accept integration oversight responsibilities from project managers once stores are fully prepared for installation.
- Follow existing deployment processes, identify process improvements, document specific process/project requirements for customers, store types, and configurations.
- Partner with project managers to diligently maintain all records in a central repository for ease of reference during and after deployment.
- Facilitate technical discussions, be able to resolve high-level project issues.
- Lead technical tasks to resolve issues, track bug fixes, escalate persistent and/or critical issues during the deployment process.
- Utilize strong influence and persuasion skills to reset expectations to project changes as needed - across all parties.
- Manage the complete User Acceptance Testing (UAT) process to verify system accuracy, stability, and readiness for public opening.
- 3+ yrs of hardware/software technical implementation experience.
- Experience with SaaS technologies such as microservices, docker/containers, and Kubernetes and proficiency with Python.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience; Engineering, Networking or Hardware experience preferred. Experience working in retail/retail integration.
- Proven ability to coordinate and confirm proper installation standards for servers, cameras, sensors, other system hardware components.
- Highly technical and analytical with the ability to engage customers, 3rd party integrators, and internal team members in an effective and supportive manner.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule during store installations.
- Able to travel within the US or internationally periodically as training or customer needs require (All conditions for safe travel observed)
- Fluency in English.
- Insatiable desire to find answers and improve processes through detailed personal initiative and analytical investigative processes.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to reason in “real time”.
- Advanced troubleshooting and problem-solving skills utilizing science and engineering education to arrive at practical solutions.
- Proficiency with software tools like Confluence, Jira, Team Gantt, Excel, Powerpoint, Word, and Slack used to divide complex projects into related sub-tasks, manage critical path tasks, and track resources, deadlines and milestones.
- Experience with Kubernetes with good understanding of the following resources and they relate:
- Deployments, StatefulSet, ReplicaSets and Pods
- Services and Ingresses
- ConfigMaps and Secrets
- Basic knowledge of networking and REST APIs
- Ability to dig through logs and perform debugging, understanding how different components interact with each other and where points of failure can exist
- Project Engineering experience and/or technical certifications.
- Proven ability to read/review basic construction floor and ceiling plans
- Collaborative work with third party system integration resources.
- Retail IT, new store systems integration experience preferred.
- Knowledgeable in the areas of networking, computer vision and/or AI.
- Experience with Kustomize and/or Helm
- Experience with Ansible, Puppet or other configuration management tool
- Comprehension of SSH tunnels and proxying
- Understanding of tcpdump and nmap
AiFi enables reliable, cost-effective, and entirely frictionless shopping with AI-powered computer vision technology to provide an unrivaled experience for retailers and customers around the globe. AiFi has partnerships with leading retailers worldwide such as Aldi, Sodexo, Carrefour, Zabka, Morrisons, and Compass Group to create customized autonomous shopping experiences with flexible integration and entry options.