IT, Data Science
Posted on Thursday, November 23, 2023
AiFi, a globally leading AI provider, empowers retailers worldwide to scale autonomous shopping solutions with 100% computer vision. Powered by the most cost-effective and flexible method of deploying cashier-less technology solutions, AiFi’s camera-only platform enables businesses to provide a frictionless checkout experience to their customers. AiFi’s technology works through cameras and computer vision to allow quick and efficient shopping for various store formats across multiple global retail segments.
AiFi’s solutions adapt to numerous verticals, including convenience stores, sports and entertainment venues, universities, workplaces, and travel retail. AiFi customers include: LA Clippers, Golden State Warriors, NASCAR, Florida Panthers, Aldi, Compass Group, Zabka, and many more. AiFi now has the highest number of store deployments globally with over 100 active stores. The company has raised a total of $80 million from investors including Qualcomm Ventures, Verizon, HP, Mithril, Duke Angel Network, Cervin Ventures, TransLink Capital, and Plum Alley.
About the Data Chapter at AiFi
At AiFi we are building a strong customer-centric culture. To make this meticulous process successful, data-informed insights are crucial. That’s why it is an exciting time to join our data team to work directly with our internal customers, such as retail ops, sales, tech ops, marketing, among many others, and to help with supporting and expanding our customer portfolio.
Who We're Looking For
We believe your achievements and outcomes are more important than your credentials. If you can identify and prioritize low-hanging fruit, quickly up-skill as complexity emerges, take pleasure in breaking down and translating technical concepts for a non-technical audience, be self-motivated and taking initiative within a team, then we're interested in hearing from you.
What You’ll Be Doing
Most of your initial work would focus on analytics partnering with product managers, data engineers, business users, operational analysts and others to understand their pain points, needs, desires and come up with an end-to-end solution. We expect that you will progress towards a critical role in designing, developing, and optimizing data pipelines and models to support our data-driven initiatives. Then you will evolve together with the maturity of our data products by providing deep, concise and on-time root cause analysis and proposing fully-automated solutions, based on algorithms which self-improve with time.
- Autonomy: - Independently execute on data engineering and analysis projects, with an emphasis on best practices and efficient, scalable solutions.
- Collaboration: - Engage in planning, peer coding sessions, and code review with the Senior Data Analytics Manager to tackle challenges together.
- Business Understanding: - Develop in-depth business knowledge to align your projects with strategic objectives. - Build strong relationships with stakeholders to understand their data needs.
- Effective Communication: - Clearly summarize and present findings—focusing on actionable insights and data visualization best practices. - Anticipate needs and proactively engage with stakeholders and co-workers. - Communicate realistic project timelines and keep stakeholders informed of changes.
- Ownership and Accountability: - Own your role in projects and take accountability for the quality and impact of your work.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (e.g., Computer Science, Business Analytics).
- Experience in data analysis and programming with SQL, Python, and Spark.
- Experience with some or all of the following platforms:
- Looker / LookerML
- Microsoft Azure
- GitLab / Git
AiFi enables reliable, cost-effective, and entirely frictionless shopping with AI-powered computer vision technology to provide an unrivaled experience for retailers and customers around the globe. AiFi has partnerships with leading retailers worldwide such as Aldi, Sodexo, Carrefour, Zabka, Morrisons, and Compass Group to create customized autonomous shopping experiences with flexible integration and entry options.