Associate Retail Operations Manager US
West Coast, USA
Posted on Tuesday, February 6, 2024
AiFi, a globally leading AI provider, empowers retailers worldwide to scale autonomous shopping solutions with 100% computer vision. Powered by the most cost-effective and flexible method of deploying cashier-less technology solutions, AiFi’s camera-only platform enables businesses to provide a frictionless checkout experience to their customers. AiFi’s technology works through cameras and computer vision to allow quick and efficient shopping for various store formats across multiple global retail segments.
AiFi’s solutions adapt to numerous verticals, including convenience stores, sports and entertainment venues, universities, workplaces, and travel retail. AiFi customers include: LA Clippers, Golden State Warriors, NASCAR, Florida Panthers, Aldi, Compass Group, Zabka, and many more. AiFi now has the highest number of store deployments globally with over 100 active stores. The company has raised a total of $80 million from investors including Qualcomm Ventures, Verizon, HP, Mithril, Duke Angel Network, Cervin Ventures, TransLink Capital, and Plum Alley.
About the Team
AiFi is looking for a team member that will play a pivotal role in running our retail operations across North America and Globally! This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing team and be part of a global start-up at the forefront of digital transformation and AI in retail. Our team is a small, highly motivated group responsible for engaging with some of the largest, most innovative retailers in the world and securing revenue generating partnerships. We are a cross functional team, taking a very hands-on approach and we play a critical role integrating and collaborating with our Strategic Account Managers, Engineers, Technical and Product development teams to deliver successfully with our clients.
About The Role
As an Associate Retail Operations Manager, your core responsibility will be to support the Regional Manager & Global Director of Retail Operations. To act as business partner for our North American & Global clients. You will assist in driving performance targets, supporting and delivering project plans, and carrying out core daily operational activities. This role will be a hybrid onsite up to 60%, which includes client locations, and remote support.
Support Events and Venue clients with their operational needs in coordination with the First Line Support team. This will include Events that occur on a variety of days, nights, and weekends.
You will build key relationships with the clients, engage with their support teams, and take responsibility to meet defined SLA’s. In addition, you will help bring momentum and focus to the roll out of new products, features and collaborate effectively with our internal teams.
As this is a new role in our start-up organization, you have the incredible opportunity to embrace our growth mindset and bring innovation to this role to take it to the next level.
- Working for a start-up organization will offer you unique opportunities to get hands on experience across a variety of activities. Some of your core responsibilities will include:
- Establish an expert understanding of our retail operations for key customers
- Develop a successful working relationship with our clients, attending meetings to discuss operational issues, challenges, and opportunities.
- Bring confidence to the client relationship by proactively keeping them informed, communicating data points, and resolving challenges at pace.
- Track, measure, and report on KPI metrics
- Identify and lead on execution of KPI improvements
- Educate clients to promote the successful adoption of our autonomous retail technology.
- Work within and across organizations to execute client specific needs (API integrations, customized reporting, co-marketing campaigns etc.) and identify / develop new opportunities.
- Bring momentum to resolution of operational issues and challenges, and proactively inform / feedback to internal teams with insights and improvements
- Collaborate with our Product and Technology teams to ensure customer feedback is incorporated into future product development.
Skills and Experience Required
- We are looking for a candidate who is excited about digital transformation and disruption in the Retail space. A person who wants to be part of a journey to redefine how physical ‘bricks and mortar’ stores operate and how AI can empower retailers to offer frictionless shopping experiences to a global audience. We are looking for an experienced self-starter who can quickly take the reins and immerse themselves in the retail operations role with little supervision. A proactive and enthusiastic person who will bring great personality, creativity, and grit to grow our business with existing clients.
- 1-3 years' experience in Retail / Consulting / Strategy / Business Development / Technology / Account Management / Sales or related experience; High-growth or early-stage start-up experience is a plus
- Flexibility of schedules to meet the business needs is a Must. This will include nights and weekends, to support Events and Venues for clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, or related field and/or comparable work experience; Master’s degree is a plus
- Experience building and managing a multi-million dollar book of business or equally sized internal projects, a plus.
- Project / program management experience in business transformation programs · Excellent communication skills
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Technical aptitude and passionate about technology
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications
- Passion for Retail (actual experience a major plus)
- Engaged and informed about visions of the future of commerce (we want your brain working with us!)
- Willingness to travel. Travel and inspect the autonomous stores and some face-to-face client meetings
Nice to have:
- Knowledge and experience with AI, machine learning and enterprise-grade software
- Strong CRM organization and reporting (HubSpot experience preferred)
- Knowledge about Jira Service Desk
AiFi enables reliable, cost-effective, and entirely frictionless shopping with AI-powered computer vision technology to provide an unrivaled experience for retailers and customers around the globe. AiFi has partnerships with leading retailers worldwide such as Aldi, Sodexo, Carrefour, Zabka, Morrisons, and Compass Group to create customized autonomous shopping experiences with flexible integration and entry options.