Technical Project Manager EU
Posted on Tuesday, February 6, 2024
AiFi, a globally leading AI provider, empowers retailers worldwide to scale autonomous shopping solutions with 100% computer vision. Powered by the most cost-effective and flexible method of deploying cashier-less technology solutions, AiFi’s camera-only platform enables businesses to provide a frictionless checkout experience to their customers. AiFi’s technology works through cameras and computer vision to allow quick and efficient shopping for various store formats across multiple global retail segments.
AiFi’s solutions adapt to numerous verticals, including convenience stores, sports and entertainment venues, universities, workplaces, and travel retail. AiFi customers include: LA Clippers, Golden State Warriors, NASCAR, Florida Panthers, Aldi, Compass Group, Zabka, and many more. AiFi now has the highest number of store deployments globally with over 100 active stores. The company has raised a total of $80 million from investors including Qualcomm Ventures, Verizon, HP, Mithril, Duke Angel Network, Cervin Ventures, TransLink Capital, and Plum Alley.
About the Team
AiFi is rapidly expanding its autonomous store solution footprint and with it, our Activations Team. We’re looking for Program Managers to help drive technology programs and projects to create awe inspiring solutions that will help complete projects with the right objective, on schedule and the right KPIs.
This position is open to remotely based, work from home, candidate with ability to travel to our worldwide lab facility in the US (Texas). Top candidates will have experience with System level hardware focused Program Management, ideally in a retail industry or other enterprise centric customer focused environment.
The Program Manager must be driven to roll up their sleeves and dive into the details of the overall solution and technology, making technical and non technical decisions to improve the overall product quality. Will work diligently monitor schedules and requirements and work closely with internal team members, external vendors, and retail end-using customers.
Responsibilities and Duties:
The Program Manager will own all hardware solutions, work closely with our Product Managers, Product Development Engineering, and other logistics teams to prepare, document, and coordinate program and project management tasks from conception to development all the way to deployment and end of life process.
The ideal candidate will:
- Provide program management oversight, in partnership with product management and engineering and own the program from beginning to end with a keen eye on product quality and associated KPIs, schedule and overall performance.
- Ensure that the company’s needs are being met by driving associated coordination and progress of the deliverables.
- Coordinate cross-functional group activities, track dependencies.
- Drive project success through instrumental management of team-wide processes, project implementation, schedules, and budgets.
- Identify process improvements, document specific process/project requirements for specific products.
- Review project plans, collect survey information, review quotes from 3rd parties systems integrators, set expectations for project timelines and budgets, coordinate hardware needs, track all milestones and hand offs of responsibilities throughout the project.
- Utilize strong influence and persuasion skills to reset expectations to project changes as needed - across all parties.
- Coordinate communication between parties regarding installation and technical issue identification, resolution, and documentation during deployment process.
- Integrate all internal and external schedules with the overall project schedule to ensure client satisfaction and on time delivery.
- Successfully confirm customer acceptance of finished projects and transfer internal responsibilities for ongoing support, training, network monitoring, and customer success.
- 5+ yrs of hands on experience in project managing SaaS based product deployments in a highly agile environment.
- BA/BS degree in IT Management or similar technical degree; Experience working in retail/retail integration is a big plus.
- An understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) is critical
- Strong ability to engage clients and team members in an effective and supportive manner.
- Proven ability to read/review basic construction floor and ceiling plans.
- Able to travel within the US or internationally periodically as training or customer needs require (All conditions for safe travel observed)
- Insatiable desire to find answers and improve processes through detailed personal initiative
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to reason in “real time”.
- Advanced troubleshooting and problem-solving skills utilizing professional experience and available resources to arrive at practical solutions.
- Proficiency with software tools like Confluence, Jira, Smartsheets, Excel, Powerpoint, Word, and Slack used to divide complex projects into related sub-tasks, manage critical path tasks, and track resources, deadlines and milestones.
- Project Management experience and/or certification.
- Managing third party system integration resources.
- Retail operations, IT, or store planning experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of networking, camera systems, in-store operational and SaaS systems, computer vision and/or AI applications.
- Hands on operational experience with solution design, process development, solutions and technology design.
- Retail innovation experience is a plus.
This position is open to remotely based, work-from-home candidates who will join a team supporting projects primarily in their region (Europe or North America) and, on occasion, in other regions.
AiFi enables reliable, cost-effective, and entirely frictionless shopping with AI-powered computer vision technology to provide an unrivaled experience for retailers and customers around the globe. AiFi has partnerships with leading retailers worldwide such as Aldi, Sodexo, Carrefour, Zabka, Morrisons, and Compass Group to create customized autonomous shopping experiences with flexible integration and entry options.