Director, Technical Product Marketing
Anvilogic is a rapidly growing series B venture-backed cybersecurity startup based in Palo Alto with remote employees across the U.S. Security operations teams struggle to detect high-risk threats in their environment while facing spiraling SIEM costs. Lock-in prevents them from adopting more scalable data platforms like security data lakes that could address both of these challenges. Anvilogic is trailblazing the solution to this challenge with our multi-data platform SIEM which gives security operations teams the freedom to choose the best data platform for their security use cases without the need to rip and replace their existing security investments. Our generative AI assistant lowers the barrier to entry for detection engineers and threat hunters to adopt new data platforms by turning their natural language questions into search logic. The world's greatest security operations teams - including those at SAP, PayPal, and Navan rely on Anvilogic.
As we embark on the next stage of growth at Anvilogic, we’re looking for a Director of Technical Product Marketing with a passion for security operations. This role will lead the product marketing function and have proven experience creating technical content (i.e. interactive product tours, demos, webinars, technical reports, sales tools, etc) and building differentiated messaging to drive our product marketing initiatives with high-quality materials across a range of formats. Reporting directly to our VP of Marketing, this role will collaborate closely with GTM leaders across product management, strategy, and sales becoming an integral part of our organization's strategic direction and growth.
As a subject matter expert in Security Operations (and the SIEM market) you will be instrumental in crafting our product messaging and delivering technical product content to drive demand, capture demand, and convert demand for Anvilogic. You will be a key driver for communicating complex technical concepts in an engaging and accessible manner. Your success is defined by your ability to deliver relevant content and sales enablement that creates pipeline, reduces sales cycles, improves win rates, and increases customer happiness.
- Become the expert on security personas within our ideal customer profile through in-depth customer research, interviews, and analysis of sales calls
- Understand Anvilogic products inside out and be able to produce use case-driven demos and product tours (using Storylane) that resonate with our ideal customer profile
- Create value-led, informative, and engaging technical content that resonates with security operations personas (product guides, demos, webpages, customer presentations, data sheets, blog posts, video scripts, and other customer-facing assets) to communicate the value proposition of Anvilogic products
- Work across sales, product, strategy, and marketing teams to reach key security personas and drive their motivation to learn about and champion Anvilogic across the security operations team
- Translate technical details into value-based messaging and positioning for different level personas (CISO, SOC leaders, and security practitioners) ensuring messaging consistency across marketing and sales teams
- Regularly produce and update sales materials that effectively communicate product features, capabilities, benefits, and competitive advantages
- Collaborate with product, pre-sales, and security field engineering teams to continuously improve and create assets to support POC engagement
- Serve as a subject matter expert externally to the cybersecurity community via thought leadership and internally at Anvilogic across sales and marketing teams
- Work closely with the product team to help inform the product roadmap based on common feature requests, supported by competitive analysis, market trends, and customer research
- Lead product launch strategy with support from the team to execute product launches and release communications
- Support AR efforts by partnering with the product team to deliver clear and effective briefings
- Player + coach able to lead product marketers, while executing technical content creation
- Excellent communicator at all levels
- Strategic and growth mindset