Principal Software Engineer - Cybersecurity - Enterprise SaaS
Santa Clara, CA, USA
Posted on Monday, September 11, 2023
Bolster turns the security paradigm upside down and removes threats and digital risks before an attack occurs. Our protection extends beyond the enterprise to customers and partners. Our approach is the antithesis of today’s cyber defense strategy, which is to wait for an attack than try and prevent it. Or worse, assume you have been breached and hope you can detect it. We leverage the power of AI to apply deep learning, computer vision, and natural language processing to identify criminal intent on millions of web pages daily. We tirelessly monitor the Internet to find malicious web pages that could cause harm and remove them. We empower companies to take back control of the Internet by continuously eliminating the threats that threaten their business, customers, and brand.
We are just getting started, and the future could not be more exciting. We’re growing the team in all functions as we transition from a small start-up into the next phase of our journey. We are looking for A-list talent who will have a meaningful impact, solve new challenges, and take ownership of the future of Bolster. If this is you, apply and join our team!
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will create solutions for Bolster's award-winning cybersecurity enterprise product. We leverage the power of AI to apply deep learning, computer vision, and natural language processing to identify criminal intent on millions of web pages every day. We tirelessly monitor the Internet to find malicious web pages that could cause harm and remove them.
You will make an impact across the stack, in software design, development, fix and debug issues to production launch; oversee and manage the technical aspects of software engineering projects; mentor and provide technical guidance to junior team members; and provide necessary supports to users and internal teams. We are looking for hands-on engineers with can-do attitude, enthusiastic about taking challenges, and creative with solving technical problems.
Please note that this role requires in office attendance in Santa Clara, CA.
What Will You Do?
- Evaluate, identify and develop software solutions
- Providing technical vision and direction to the Agile development team and stakeholders throughout the projects
- Leading software development cycles
- Develop and maintain architectural documentation and diagrams
- Roadmap and prioritize for product development
- Contribute to the development of deliverables
- Responsible for ensuring timely delivery, support structure, and operationalize solutions
- Lead in all Agile ceremonies
Our Technology Stack
- 10 years software development, solutions architecture experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or related field or equivalent experience
- Experience with startup, willing to grow with company a MUST!
- Must be willing to come in the office 3X a week on a true Hybrid Schedule.
- Creative thinker with a vision, attention to details, and a fast learner
- Strong communication, whiteboard and presentation skills
- Robust analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven technical leadership and ability to influence others
- Sound business judgment, skillful to deal with ambiguity and a changing environment
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, comfortable with a rapid work pace
- Extensive experience and knowledge with multi-tier/microservices/container-based/serverless software architectures
- Hands on experience with infrastructure scaling and performance tuning
- In-depth knowledge of Relational/NoSQL/Key-Value databases
- Experience with Agile process and principles
Bolster creates a Next-Generation Fraud Prevention SaaS platform & CheckPhish community platform based on pioneering work in Artificial Intelligence-based phishing and scam detection systems.
Bolster protects the world’s top brands like Zoom, Dropbox, Uber, LinkedIn, Roblox, and other Fortune 500 customers. We are funded by top-tier investors led by Thomvest Ventures and Crosslink Capital. Our team has over 100 years of combined cybersecurity experience at Cisco, Symantec, McAfee, Bell Labs, Open DNS, and Lacework.
Our AI/ML technology protects regular citizens from bad actors on the internet, using industry-leading deep learning, computer vision, natural language processing, and machine learning models for highly accurate real-time detection & automated takedown of fraudulent sites at the internet scale.
We also brought our technology to the community with CheckPhish, https://checkphish.ai. It is a free tool that protects millions of consumers from daily phishing, fraud, and fake sites. Charities, non-profits, social benefit corps, and schools are targets too. To aid the world, we will give our technology & services for free or at cost to any approved charity, non-profit, or social benefit corporation.
Our work is challenging but fun. We're all about shipping elegant, high-leverage products. Bolster cares deeply about collaboration, feedback, and iteration. Trust and respect are deeply rooted in our unique culture. Our inspiring proven leaders are hiring great people, providing super benefits, and impacting the world!
**PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS ROLE REQUIRES IN OFFICE COLLABORATION/ATTENDANCE 3X A WEEK ****
Learn about our cultural values: https://bolster.ai/about-us
What we offer:
-Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
-Catered Lunch through Forkable
-Monthly "coffee break" stipend for our remote team members
-EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
-Flexible time off
-10 Paid Holidays