Accounting & Finance
Santa Clara, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, February 6, 2024
Bolster turns the security paradigm upside down and removes threats and digital risks before an attack occurs. Our protection extends beyond the enterprise to customers and partners. Our approach is the antithesis of today’s cyber defense strategy, which is to wait for an attack than try and prevent it. Or worse, assume you have been breached and hope you can detect it. We leverage the power of AI to apply deep learning, computer vision, and natural language processing to identify criminal intent on millions of web pages daily. We tirelessly monitor the Internet to find malicious web pages that could cause harm and remove them. We empower companies to take back control of the Internet by continuously eliminating the threats that threaten their business, customers, and brand.
We are just getting started, and the future could not be more exciting. We’re growing the team in all functions as we transition from a small start-up into the next phase of our journey. We are looking for A-list talent who will have a meaningful impact, solve new challenges, and take ownership of the future of Bolster. If this is you, apply and join our team!
Reporting to the VP of Finance, Senior Accountant will oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions. Responsibilities include reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end close procedures. The Senior Accountant will also spearhead the implementation of process and/or system changes to support the company scaling. This person will need to have technical expertise, business collaboration, and reporting leadership.
NOTE: This role REQUIRES an in person/in office collaboration 3X per week.
· Strong technical knowledge of US GAAP, internal controls, and financial reporting
· Highly organized, enjoys creating structure, focuses on continual improvements and process documentation
· Project management mindset – focus on clear scope, deliverables, deadlines, actions, and accountability
· Manage full cycle AR/AP, including reviewing and coding invoices, check runs, and collections.
· Prepare and post all general ledger entries
· Prepare month-end and year-end close and preparation of balance sheet schedules
· Process global payroll via payroll agencies
· Filing of annual Use Tax returns
· Preparing the annual 1099s and 3921 forms
· Ensuring Global tax are following regulation
· Assist with external audits to ensure compliance
· Ensure compliance with GAAP principles
· Analyze financial information and summarize financial status
· Monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures.
· Manage all companywide system software projects
· Manage companywide equity
· Participate in budgeting and financial projection
Experience and Qualifications
· Minimum of 5 years in accounting with increasing responsibilities
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or related field
· Strong GAAP and financial reporting technical skills
· Experience in projects and recurring accounting activities
· Strong technology and system skills, demonstrated ability to learn new systems and tools
· Mastery of Microsoft Office applications (advanced in Excel skills) and common Accounting ERP systems (QuickBooks and NetSuite experience is preferred) ; Payroll experience (Rippling) is a plus.
· SaaS company experience is a plus
Bolster creates a Next-Generation Fraud Prevention SaaS platform & CheckPhish community platform based on pioneering work in Artificial Intelligence-based phishing and scam detection systems.
Bolster protects the world’s top brands like Zoom, Dropbox, Uber, LinkedIn, Roblox, and other Fortune 500 customers. We are funded by top-tier investors led by Thomvest Ventures and Crosslink Capital. Our team has over 100 years of combined cybersecurity experience at Cisco, Symantec, McAfee, Bell Labs, Open DNS, and Lacework.
Our AI/ML technology protects regular citizens from bad actors on the internet, using industry-leading deep learning, computer vision, natural language processing, and machine learning models for highly accurate real-time detection & automated takedown of fraudulent sites at the internet scale.
We also brought our technology to the community with CheckPhish, https://checkphish.ai. It is a free tool that protects millions of consumers from daily phishing, fraud, and fake sites. Charities, non-profits, social benefit corps, and schools are targets too. To aid the world, we will give our technology & services for free or at cost to any approved charity, non-profit, or social benefit corporation.
Our work is challenging but fun. We're all about shipping elegant, high-leverage products. Bolster cares deeply about collaboration, feedback, and iteration. Trust and respect are deeply rooted in our unique culture. Our inspiring proven leaders are hiring great people, providing super benefits, and impacting the world!
**PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS ROLE REQUIRES IN OFFICE COLLABORATION/ATTENDANCE 3X A WEEK ****
Learn about our cultural values: https://bolster.ai/about-us
What we offer:
-Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
-Catered Lunch through Forkable
-Monthly "coffee break" stipend for our remote team members
-EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
-Flexible time off
-10 Paid Holidays