Business Development Representative
Ratio is a new kind of financing and trading platform, which is reinventing the way that subscription businesses leverage capital to fuel growth, hiring and expansion. Ratio allows the core asset of any subscription company, their customer contracts, to be traded for upfront cash. For subscription companies this allows them to optimize their capital structure using Ratio without dilution or debt, while still utilizing other forms of capital to grow their business. We are disrupting venture financing and creating a new trillion dollar asset class for investors.
As a location agnostic team we are building a team of A+ players who are motivated by the desire to build exceptional products and culture. Ratio is currently financing SaaS companies out of a $500 Million facility with the backing of some largest asset managers and top tier VCs who were early investors in companies like DoorDash, AppLovin, Forge Global.
Ratio is founded by two experienced entrepreneurs, Ashish Srimal and Mason Blake, who have both founded and exited their past companies. Their backgrounds bring a wealth of knowledge and experience after having spent more than 20 years in Silicon Valley.
We are an early stage startup in stealth mode looking for founding team members to make a massive impact and contribute significantly to the foundations of our company.
Ratio is seeking a self-driven, Business Development Representative, who will be working directly with the executive team to source clients and to generate net-new revenue. You should be comfortable with SMB and Mid Market-level outbound strategies including making phone calls, conference attendance, in-person and online pitching. In order to be successful in this role you will need to understand the basic SaaS terminology and financial metrics.
- Work with marketing to identify and research prospect across a target territory to build qualified pipeline
- Develop and maintain client relationships from your territory
- Work with Ratio leadership team to advance qualified deals, negotiate contract terms and close deals
- Monitor project teams to ensure contracts are executed as agreed
- Map the market of prospective customers and lead the partner acquisition cycle from initial contact to close
- Gather relevant information from customer and competitor data
- Educate partners on the Ratio value proposition for their clients’ through presentations and demos
- Collaborate with the Product, Sales, Marketing, Finance, and Engineering departments
- Become a domain expert, staying up to date with industry and competitive landscape knowledge, and provide valuable feedback to Product, Marketing, and Sales on our value propositions and positioning
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficiency in Google Workspace or Microsoft Office
- Ability to harness financial data to inform decisions
- Basic understanding of income statements, balance sheets and contracts for B2B SaaS companies
- Minimum of 8+ years of previous outbound and closing experience at a B2B SaaS company
- Experience with managing sales cycles, identifying decision makers, and selling over the phone
- Consistently in the top 10% of the stack ranking
- Consistent track record of hitting and exceeding quotas
Nice to have
- Experience working at a Fintech and/or a Finance company
- Deep Understanding of a SaaS model
Ratio is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity is integral to Ratio ’s success, and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, age, or any other basis protected by law.