Commercial Counsel EMEA & APAC
Posted on Friday, May 5, 2023
We are seeking a Legal Commercial Counsel to support our expanding operations in EMEA and APAC regions and advise the business on corporate/technology licensing, regulatory, contracts, commercial law, privacy issues, and broader tasks as needed.
This is an excellent opportunity to join SnapLogic’s close-knit legal team, with a focus on our thriving EMEA and APAC regions. You will be based in the UK, and report to our Head of Legal based in the US.
This is a hybrid role, with some expectation to be on-site in the London office.
What You'll Do:
- Lead legal services for all data initiatives (including data privacy and security)
- Responsible for vendor contracts from start to finish including improving template contracts, the negotiation and execution of agreements, while meeting internal business client expectations resulting in a substantial increase in client satisfaction
- Provide practical, creative and timely legal and business advice and solutions to Sales & Marketing teams on impediments in the sales process while managing corporate risks and priorities
- Successfully close sales and vendor agreements with organizations ranging from Fortune 100 to local businesses, both in EMEA and globally
- Due diligence, document drafting and negotiation, risk assessment, deal structure and other tasks on a variety of corporate transactions including M&A and corporate financings
- Review, draft and manage a variety of commercial agreements on a daily basis, including licenses, intellectual property agreements, services agreements, and other partnership agreements
- Manage agreements that comply with company policies and risk tolerance
- Respond promptly to legal requests from Licensing, Business Development, Advertising Sales, Marketing and other clients, summarizing and communicating legal concepts that business people can use
- Advise business clients, as well as finance and other company colleagues, on the legal issues and risks, approval processes, company policies and procedures, intellectual property and business strategy
- Support the continuous improvement of standard form agreements and legal processes
What We're Looking for:
- Law degree from a highly rated law school
- Solicitors Qualifying Examination (SQE) or equivalent and in good standing or otherwise authorized to practice law in the country of hire
- 5 years of experience as an attorney in privacy, business development, intellectual property matters, and contract law
- Experience drafting services agreements, sales agreements, licenses, and intellectual property agreements
- Solid organizational skills, with the ability to manage several simultaneous projects under deadline pressure
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Nice To Have:
- 5 years of relevant experience as in-house counsel in SaaS/software/technology environment
- Experience advising clients in structuring complex commercial transactions
- Knowledge and experience in multiple aspects of hardware operations
- Ability to function effectively and add value in a dynamic, cutting-edge, worldwide business
- CIPP/US & EU certification
There's never been a better time to join SnapLogic. Here are a few reasons why:
Perks And Benefits: The list includes, but is not limited to: competitive salary, flexible PTO (USA employees), comprehensive healthcare; 401(k); FSA and supplemental insurance; paid parental leave; wellness and fitness reimbursements; gym and lunch on site (HQ); remote/hybrid work for majority of roles.
Company Momentum: Industry experts have consistently recognized our company, products, customers, and employees as best-in-class, from our year-over-year Leadership in Gartner’s iPaaS Magic Quadrant, to our 2021 CODiE Award win, to our recognition as a 2022 Bay Area Top Workplace.
Hot Market Opportunity: Leading organizations are embracing the cloud, data, and AI to rethink and rewire their businesses. According to industry analysts, the integration market alone is growing four times faster than the overall software market, approaching more than $5 billion in revenue.
Innovative Product: SnapLogic is the only company to provide a single, unified platform for all of a company’s integration and automation needs: application integration, data integration, API management, B2B integration, and data engineering.
World Class Customers: Hundreds of customers around the globe trust SnapLogic to handle their enterprise integration and automation needs. Our customers come first, and we’re proud of SnapLogic's industry-leading customer retention rate of over 95%.
SnapLogic is headquartered in San Mateo, CA with offices in New York, NY; London, UK; and Hyderabad, India.
To all recruitment agencies: SnapLogic does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to SnapLogic employees or to any other company location. SnapLogic is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the company. SnapLogic provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. SnapLogic complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. SnapLogic expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of SnapLogic employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.