Principal Software Engineer-Augmented Data Management
Software Engineering, Data Science
San Mateo, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, November 1, 2023
We seek an exceptional, self-motivated and seasoned engineer who can join the SnapLogic Augmented Data Management team and be the critical player in building a turn-key data management and governance platform, connecting enterprise applications, databases and integrations. We envision this product to help classify, manage and govern data across the customer’s modern data stack and to provide precise actionable insights.
You are a Principal Software Engineer who enjoys designing, developing, and maintaining modular, scalable, and performant code. You have experience in developing data management solutions, targeting use cases across different industry verticals. Overall you take a deep sense of ownership, accountability, and pride.
This role is a hybrid position based in our San Mateo, CA HQ.
What You'll Do:
- Develop a data management and governance platform
- Build solutions across the stack and have a firm understanding of web frameworks, APIs, databases, and multiple back-end languages
- Ensure solution design and architecture meets SnapLogic and customer security and regulatory requirements
- Build and design applications such that the cost of change is minimum
- Build Microservices based architecture that can scale vertically and horizontally
- Cycle between projects in weeks rather than years – continually learning about technologies, protocols and products
What We're Looking For:
- 8+ years experience
- Proven experience in developing data management solutions or data catalog platforms, with a strong understanding of metadata management and data governance
- Experience with data catalog solutions like OpenMetadata, Alation, Collibra, or similar tools
- Knowledge of data integration, ETL / ETL processes, and data connectors
- Familiarity with database systems and SQL
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Experience with Generative AI, Machine learning and Prompt Engineering
- Experience with cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP) and cloud data warehouses (e.g., snowflake, redshift, databricks)
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
There's never been a better time to join SnapLogic. Here are a few reasons why:
Perks And Benefits: The list includes, but is not limited to: competitive salary, flexible PTO (USA employees), comprehensive healthcare; 401(k); FSA and supplemental insurance; paid parental leave; wellness and fitness reimbursements; gym and lunch on site (HQ); remote/hybrid work for majority of roles.
Company Momentum: Industry experts have consistently recognized our company, products, customers, and employees as best-in-class, from our year-over-year Leadership in Gartner’s iPaaS Magic Quadrant, to our 2021 CODiE Award win, to our recognition as a 2022 Bay Area Top Workplace.
Hot Market Opportunity: Leading organizations are embracing the cloud, data, and AI to rethink and rewire their businesses. According to industry analysts, the integration market alone is growing four times faster than the overall software market, approaching more than $5 billion in revenue.
Innovative Product: SnapLogic is the only company to provide a single, unified platform for all of a company’s integration and automation needs: application integration, data integration, API management, B2B integration, and data engineering.
World Class Customers: Hundreds of customers around the globe trust SnapLogic to handle their enterprise integration and automation needs. Our customers come first, and we’re proud of SnapLogic's industry-leading customer retention rate of over 95%.
SnapLogic is headquartered in San Mateo, CA with offices in New York, NY; London, UK; and Hyderabad, India.
To all recruitment agencies: SnapLogic does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to SnapLogic employees or to any other company location. SnapLogic is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the company. SnapLogic provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. SnapLogic complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. SnapLogic expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of SnapLogic employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.