Senior Revenue Accountant
Accounting & Finance, Sales & Business Development
San Mateo, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, February 8, 2024
SnapLogic is seeking a Senior Revenue Accountant with knowledge in ASC 606, ASC 340 and an affinity for process improvement within a fast-paced organization. This role will work closely with cross functional teams to ensure timely and accurate recording and reporting of revenue. This role will report to the Revenue Accounting Manager and will focus on supporting the team in the day-to-day operations of revenue accounting and on occasion assist with invoicing and collections. The ideal candidate has experience with multiple performance obligation arrangements, complex revenue transactions, can think strategically from a process perspective while carrying a strong execution mindset to deliver against established plans.
This is a hybrid role, with some expectation to be on-site in the San Mateo office.
What You'll Do:
- Review sales arrangements to ensure revenue is recognized in accordance with US GAAP and internal policies.
- Research accounting guidance and document Company’s position on various revenue transactions.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and automation within the monthly close process.
- Implement best practices to enhance efficiency and accuracy in revenue accounting processes.
- Perform revenue close activities: prepare journal entries, reconciliations, and analysis for assigned areas such as revenue (subscription and professional services), deferred, unbilled, and commissions.
- Support the preparation of SSP / FV analysis and memos.
- Prepare YE disclosures for financial reporting and support audit requests.
- Support invoicing and collections as requested.
- Prepare, support and help maintain tracking of collections and management reporting.
- Support design, implementation, execution, and documentation of key revenue controls.
- Maintain strong lines of communication and partnership cross-functionally to drive best practice in revenue.
- Facilitate ad-hoc analysis and projects, as required.
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Finance or Accounting.
- CPA preferred but not required.
- 5+ years of combined experience in public accounting or a corporate revenue accounting role.
- Operational accounting experience in a growing fast-paced SAAS technology business and experience.
- Experience with activities in the quote-to-cash process (e.g. order review, contract creation in an accounting system, billing, revenue recognition).
- Experience using Excel (maintaining complex spreadsheets and calculations), NetSuite, and Salesforce CPQ.
Nice to Have:
- Experience working in a high growth startup and public company environments.
- Great with Excel/ Google sheets.
There's never been a better time to join SnapLogic. Here are a few reasons why:
Perks And Benefits: The list includes, but is not limited to: competitive salary, flexible PTO (USA employees), comprehensive healthcare; 401(k); FSA and supplemental insurance; paid parental leave; wellness and fitness reimbursements; gym and lunch on site (HQ); remote/hybrid work for majority of roles.
Company Momentum: Industry experts have consistently recognized our company, products, customers, and employees as best-in-class, from our year-over-year Leadership in Gartner’s iPaaS Magic Quadrant, to our 2021 CODiE Award win, to our recognition as a 2022 Bay Area Top Workplace.
Hot Market Opportunity: Leading organizations are embracing the cloud, data, and AI to rethink and rewire their businesses. According to industry analysts, the integration market alone is growing four times faster than the overall software market, approaching more than $5 billion in revenue.
Innovative Product: SnapLogic is the only company to provide a single, unified platform for all of a company’s integration and automation needs: application integration, data integration, API management, B2B integration, and data engineering.
World Class Customers: Hundreds of customers around the globe trust SnapLogic to handle their enterprise integration and automation needs. Our customers come first, and we’re proud of SnapLogic's industry-leading customer retention rate of over 95%.
SnapLogic is headquartered in San Mateo, CA with offices in New York, NY; London, UK; and Hyderabad, India.
To all recruitment agencies: SnapLogic does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to SnapLogic employees or to any other company location. SnapLogic is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the company. SnapLogic provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. SnapLogic complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. SnapLogic expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of SnapLogic employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.