Director of Finance
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Sunday, September 10, 2023
At Zight (formerly CloudApp) we are trusted by over 4 million users and 20k+ companies to make the workplace more productive and effective with video messages and visual collaboration. Our visual work communication platform enables teams to share information faster through instantly shareable videos, GIFs, and screenshots. Over 50% of the Fortune 500 use Zight, and companies like Salesforce, Uber, Adobe, Zendesk, Atlassian, Slack, Shopify, Zillow, Hubspot, SproutSocial, Outreach, and more trust Zight to power their modern workplace, wherever that may be. Zight has a near 5-star business user rating from G2, TrustRadius, and Gartner Peer Insights. We have raised over $ 20 million from top-tier VCs including Lightspeed, Bloomberg Beta, Greyhawk, Adobe, SAP, as well as the CEO's of Qualtrics, Lucidchart, and Buffer.
About the role
Reporting into the CEO, the Director of Finance will lead all our financial planning processes, accounting operations, investment decision analyses, and development of business insights. You will have the opportunity to not only influence the forward-looking vision of the business but also help responsibly and intentionally grow the business through advanced financial modeling and development of business cases for strategic growth opportunities. The ideal candidate is a strong leader experienced with SaaS businesses, accounting operations, and is passionate about fostering strong business partner relationships with leadership teams. In this highly collaborative role, you will develop close relationships across teams (Marketing, Sales, Partnerships, Product/Engineering, Customer Success, etc.) in helping to guide business strategy/initiatives.
At Zight, this means you will work on and impact:
- Working with CEO and management team to develop and enable the company’s long and short term strategy
- All financial and accounting functions, including financial modeling, multi-year forecasting, analysis, budgeting, accounting, management of receivables and payables, purchasing process, payroll and expense management, cash and currency management, tax compliance and strategy, and cost allocations
- All equity, debt and banking functions, including cap table management, cap table strategy, investor relations, debt strategy, negotiation and management, and financial institution/investment banking relationships
- All audit-related functions, including audit relationship, successful and timely completion of audits
- Enhancing and maintaining a strong partnership with HR, legal, commerce systems and growth teams
What we're looking for:
- 8+ years of Finance experience in high growth startups with 3-5 years as the senior most Finance person at the company (Head of or VP Finance) running Accounting, Financial Operations, BizOps and FP&A.
- Experience with VC-backed, B2B SaaS is required.
- Experience working cross-functionally, both inside and outside of Finance, to collaboratively develop budgets/plans and promote financial discipline.
- Experience leading, developing, and growing a small team.
- Familiarity with financial planning processes and business systems.
- Deep understanding of financial modeling and key metrics used in the B2B SaaS; strong solid understanding of GAAP.
- Ability to translate complex business operating models and operational indicators into financial performance.
- A positive and helpful attitude
- Curious by nature and loves creative problem solving such as diving into large datasets to find patterns and creative ways to improve the business
- Able to see around corners and anticipate future business scenarios, enabling the company to plan for and invest in growth wisely
- Exceptional judgement including an ability to execute independently and cross-team collaborate with members of all levels, time zones, and functions
- Excellent proficiency in accounting and corporate finance
- Familiarity with SaaS specific financial planning processes and business systems
About our Work Environment
We have all the usual perks and benefits but what we can really offer you is a fantastic work environment powered by an amazing team.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K program to help you invest in your future
- Flexible vacation time to promote a healthy work-life balance
- Paid parental leave to support you and your family
Zight is an equal-opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability