Senior Backend Engineer, Decision Science
About the Job:
We are looking for an exceptional Backend Engineer to make a profound impact on how data products will be integrated into companies' software in the future. We are integrating data into everything LaunchDarkly offers on top of our unrivaled feature management platform.
The primary technologies we use daily include Golang, Scala, and CRDB. If working as a part of such a poly-functional team to bring to change how companies make decisions with data is done forever appeals to you then come join the Decision Science team at LaunchDarkly.
- Build and expand our data analysis products and APIs, written in Go, for our Decision Science products.
- Collaborate with frontend engineers to deliver user-facing features
- Monitor and improve server-side performance
- Write unit, integration, and load tests as necessary
- Actively participate in code reviews
- Write and review technical proposals
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
- Experience with server-side web development (e.g. in Java / Scala, Ruby, Python, Golang, Node.js)
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with computer science fundamentals such as data structures, distributed systems, concurrency, and threading
- A commitment to working in a communicative and collaborative environment
- You write code that can be easily understood by others, with an eye towards maintainability
- You hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems
- You value high code quality, automated testing, and other engineering best practices
Target pay range for a Level 4 in San Francisco/Bay Area: $165,000 - $195,000*
*Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), health, vision, and dental insurance, and mental health benefits in addition to salary.
LaunchDarkly operates from a place of high trust and transparency; we are happy to state the pay range for our open roles to best align with your needs. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, degree level, and location.
LaunchDarkly is a Feature Management Platform that serves trillions of feature flags daily to help software teams build better software, faster. Feature flagging is an industry standard methodology of wrapping a new or risky section of code or infrastructure change with a flag. Each flag can easily be turned off independent of code deployment (aka "dark launching"). LaunchDarkly has SDKs for all major web and mobile platforms. We are building a diverse team so that we can offer robust products and services. Our team culture is dynamic, friendly, and supportive. Our headquarters are in Oakland.
At LaunchDarkly, we believe in the power of teams. We're building a team that is humble, open, collaborative, respectful and kind. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
One of our company values is 'Widen the Circle'. Which means we seek out diversity of perspectives to get better results. We understand everyone has their own unique talents and experiences. We encourage you to apply to this role even if you don’t think you meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above. We can find out together if it's the right match for your skillset.
Learn more about the interview process & what it’s like to work with LaunchDarkly's Product Delivery team!
LaunchDarkly is also committed to giving back to our community and is a part of Pledge 1%, an organization that helps companies make this a priority. Through this initiative and its charitable arm, the LaunchDarkly Foundation, the company is committed to such causes as supporting education for the underserved, homelessness relief and moving towards having a net-zero carbon footprint. You can find more about the LaunchDarkly Foundation and the organizations we serve at https://launchdarkly.com/foundation/.
Do you need a disability accommodation?
Fill out this accommodations request form and someone from our People Operations team will contact you for assistance.